Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Namkin Matri




Hello All

Festive season is all around.... everyone busy in preparation of the most awaited and most loved festival of India "Diwali" .... Mere Tumhare Sabke Liye Happy Diwali ... Saare Sitaarein uske liye Happy Diwali... :) :) ... I love this festival a lot ... reasons are many... new dress... lots nd lots of different types of sweets ...  Lighting... Diyas .. Rangoli... and not to forget crackers :)... 5 day long Diwali brings lots of things with it... 

I remember my childhood days.. when me and my sister help my mom in making rangoli... And when my mom dad paints home .. we also take brush and start doing paint .... then we get a good scolding  as we do all wrong and mess up.. that increase the work of mom dad :P... My mom is a great cook... Makes lots of different varieties of Snacks and Sweets for Diwali ... Like Matri .. Mixture ... Shakkerpade ... Gunjiya .. Anarse ... Besan Ladoo .. Coconut Ladoo ..Chakli.. etc.. All our friends and relatives.. will wait for diwali to come and have snacks and sweets of my mom hands :) .. God bless  her with good health and all good things.. I love u mom.. Miss u here in US a lot... I still remember some people use to pack also some of the snacks :) :) ..this much they love :) :)...

All good memories always bring smile on face... can't go back in those days.. of childhood.. no tension..no worries.. just fun and enjoyment.. eating.. dancing.. making rangoli.. but now things changed... I got married ..live in US.. So now I need to make here what ever I learned from my mom.. She is always there to help with recipe :).. So today I am sharing here one of my mom recipe Namkin Matri with a twist of Kasturi methi flavor ... Lets start with it

Ingredients :-

2 cups of all purpose flour/Maida
1 cup of Rawa or Semolina or suji
2 tsp of carom seeds or ajwain 
3-4 tbsp of oil
2-3 tsp of curd
3/4 tsp of dry  kasturi methi crushed
salt to taste
Hot water to kneed the dough
Oil to fry

Procedure :-

In a bowl add maida, suji , salt , carom seeds , oil and crushed methi.Mix it well.Make like crumbles in hand.Oil should mix properly in flour.Now add curd and mix.Then with the help of hot water kneed the dough.Cover the dough with wet cloth and let is rest for 2 hrs.After that make balls of dough.Roll it.The with the help of fork do holes in the paratha.With the help of Cookie cutter or any bottle cover cut the matris.




Deep Fry it in hot oil till it become light brown.




Store it when cool down in air tight container...

Enjoy with Tea !!!

Good for at least 2 weeks...

So this Diwali try this Matris and do let me know how was it.Share your experiences.. queries .. doubts... suggestions with me ... Will come soon with some more recipes for Diwali :) :) .. Till then enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment