Saturday, February 20, 2016

Medu Vada



Hello All

Hope all are doing well.... After a month I am back... I missed you all..  was not well ... So not able to write blog ... But now I am back again with good wishes from you all... So how was the Valentine Day... I know everyone would had a awesome one... It just a day f expressing our love to our loved ones... My husband also planned a sweet simple small surprise... I was amazed with his love towards me.. touch wood :) :)...

Today in this blog we will discuss about the most famous and tasty south Indian Snack MEDU VADA.



I am South Indian food die heart fan.Being a North Indian I really miss dosa , idli and vadas in our kitchen.All my friends when I was in College after seeing me South Indian food love tell to marry a South guy so that I can full fill my south food desires :) ...  Medu Vadas are a traditional South Indian Fritters which can be served as a main course, side dish, or snack. This crispy fritters are made with spiced urad dal batter and fried in donut shape dumplings. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are served with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney.







This was my first trial with Medu Vadas and I tell you came perfect.I was too amazed with the outcome.Due to fear of giving shape to Vada I never had guts to try.Then last week there was a potluck organised.So I decided to make Vadas this time.And all the friends loved it.I got a single vada too taste... Everything finished in no time... I was on seventh cloud when everyone praising me on each bite they ate... First trial and success.. feeling is different I tell you.. So today I will share this recipe here... Lets start with it...

Ingredients

1 cup split urad dal soaked for at least 5hrs
4-5 curry leaves chopped
1/4 cup of fresh coriander leaves chopped
1/2 cup onion finely chopped( Optional)
2-3 green chilies finely chopped (Optional)
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
salt as per taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
pinch of baking soda
Oil for frying

Procedure :- 

With minimum or 2-3 tbsp water try to make a thick paste of urad dal. You should use very very less water while grinding.Otherwise will not able to make vadas.Take out the paste in a bowl.And now beat it with hands like we do cake. At least for 15mins. This is necessary step in order to make the batter airy. Then add all the other ingredients and mix well.




Heat the oil on medium flame.Once hot then pour the dumplings. Now for making the donut shape, first wet your hand with water.Take a small amount of batter in wet hands and then try to make a hole with the help of thumb in center and then turn your hands above pot containing hot oil and drop it.Let it cook for 2-3 mins then turn it.



Cook till it become light brown. Don't raise the flame on high otherwise it will be raw from inside.



Take out on paper towel and serve hot eith coconut chutney and Sambhar...



I loved everybite of Vadas... It was not too tough as I thought and never gave them a try this much long.So you all also enjoy this Vada in with your friends and family.Become star in your party :) :)... Do share your views.. comments... queries.. I am waiting to hear from you all... will back soon.. till that time cia... good bye.. take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment