Friday, August 14, 2015

Tangy Bread Pinwheel Dhokla


Hello One and All

Rainy season is on full swing :) :) ..  This season is favourite of mine as the fragnace of wet soil... makes me crazy... Also sitting in balcony ... drinking tea ... and watching the rain... wow that's the perfect moment...  but one minute... something is missing.... in this perfect moment... can anyone tell me ...what I am missing here .... any guesses.... hmm ... let me tell you.. to make this moment The perfect... we need a hot hot snack go with the tea :) :)...  What say guyss... agree with me :) :) on this ....

Most of the time we end with making wither Pakods.. all time favourite of all or khaman Dhokla .....I know nothing can match the Pakods with tea in raining season... But we need a change also.. As change is needed always... Also pakodas are too oily... I already posted recipes like Phoa Cutlet , Spinach Muthiyas , Bread Uttapam , etc to blog... which also healthier options .... :) :)

Yesterday in night my friend call came to invite me on her baby 100 day celebration.Then it was decided between our four families living here... that we will bring something from home also.... Not a heavy but a light snack or side dish... As it was decided on spot and in night.... I was thinking what to make... Also no time to go for buying anything ... becoz next morning my husband went office ...and here in US... we need a car to go anywhere... So then I need to come up with something from the ingredients available at home only...  I was thinking and thinking... first I thought to make Khaman dhokla... Then I dropped plan as.. few daysback only I made on a friendship day meet... Then I thought of making Kachories.... but here in US its summer season.. so hot... so thought may not be good for health... and then my eyes went towards the corner of my kitchen...and I saw a new big loaf of bread is lying untouched... Then I decided to make something with bread... And finally made this yummy tangy Bread Pinwheel Dhokla... :) :)




So lets start with this yummy Snack :)

Ingredients :-

9 Bread Slices
1 cup of Tamarind chutney (I used store brought chutney)
1 cup of Mint Coriander Chutney.
1 cup of gram flour or besan
1/2 cup of curd
1/2 tsp of cirtic acid(If you do not have cirtic acid you can use 2 tsp of lemon juice)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of ginger paste
1/2 tsp asfotedia
1 tsp of green chilly paste(optional)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp of mustard seeds
4-5 green chilly cut in the vertical
5-6 Curry leaves 
4-5 tsp of oil
2-3 dry red chillys(optional)
For garnishing Coriander leaves
some water to make a batter for Dhokla

Procedure :-

Take 3 breads at a time.Firstly roll the bread with roller to make it thin.If you want you can remove the sides of bread.Once you made all the 3 bread thin , apply first tamarind chutney to one side of all the 3 bread.Then on it apply mint coriander chutney above tamarind chutney.Now place one bread over another in a such a way that u can make a roll shown in the pic.You need to place one bread over another in such a way that the second bread should cover only 1/2 portion of first bread.Then make a roll on the plastic polythene... you can use salt or papad poylthene.Just tightly cover the rolls and place it in freeze for an hour.Make all the 3 rolls in this way of total 9 breads.








Now after one hour take out from freeze.And with he help of knife cut the pinwheels from the rolls.As shown in the below pic you need to cut the pinwheels and arrange in the plate.







Once all the pinwheels done prepare the dhokla batter.Minwhile place the container with water for steaming.In a bowl add besan , salt , ginger and chilly paste , asfotedia , cirtic acid and curd.Mix it will to avoid lumps.Once mixed add some water to bring out to dhokla batter consistency.I used the Idli moulds to steam my dhokls.You can use normal dhokla tray also.Now add the baking soda .. give a final stir to the batter.So I just grease the mould.I dipped one one pinwheel in the batter and then place in ildi moulds.Steamed for 20-25mins.... In between check by inserting knife.. If it comes out clean.. your dhoklas are done.Now put a pan.Add oil.Once hot add mustrad seeds.Once mustard seeds pops up add curry leaves and green and red chillys.Once they are cooked in oil add some salt.And finally add our bread pinwheels.Give a stir.Cook it for 2-3mins on meduim flame.Serve hot after garnishing with Coriander leaves with sauce or chutney of your choice :) :)




Everyone liked it at my place... My friends were not believing that bread is inside the dhoklas :) :)..

Tips :-

1) Add baking soda at the end when you are just going to steam the dhoklas.

2) If you are having batches to do.Add Baking soda only to small part of the batter which can go in one go to steam.For other batch add afterwards.In this way you will get good fluffy dhoklas.

3) Instead of Steaming you can also go for frying this dhoklas... If you are frying then don't add curd or citric acid in the mixture... Just take a bowl of besan with sal and ginger green chilly paste.With a pinch of baking soda.And you are good to go for yummy Pakodas :) :)

4) You can also fry this Dhoklas with onions and tomatoes.And at the end you can also sprinkle some cheese :) :)

Hope you will enjoy these recipe with your friends and family... Do post your views.. suggestions.. comments.. queries...  me waitng to hear from you all... will be glad to help you all.. Till then good bye... have fun on weekend... will be back soon with yummy recipe..  but as Promised Simple one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment