Sunday, August 2, 2015

Malpua


Hello All

Rainy season going on its peak now days... And with this season holy months also started for many religions... and from yesterday a very spiritual and holy month for all the Hindu's known as Sharavan started... All will worship with whole heart and mind lord Shiva... Sharavan month starts with the end of Asadh holy month... So last day of this month celebrated as big Festival known as Guru Purnima... Guru means teacher... This festival is traditionally celebrated by Hindus, Jains and Buddhists, to pay their respects to their teachers and express their gratitude.

On this auspicious day I thought to express my gratitude to my first GURU... that is my MOM... She is the one who taught me everything in my life... took my great care..and made my childhood worth to remember... I saw her sacrifices for me and my sister... From her way of living her life we learned a lot... Today I am married.. leaving away from her.. miss her a lot... food made by her is so so yummy.. I daily miss that food.. but as god grace I think I also got her some of the talent.. and now with her blessings and teaching :) :) I also started preparing some of her dishes :) :) ...... So thought to make her happy by making one of her own signature dish...and that too sweet dish :) :)... yummy MALPUA... and yes one more thing I want to share you all..with my mom who is awesome cook.. my dad also is good cook :) :)...So I am blessed with two great cooks... my papa prepares awesome curry's and chutneys :) :) ... Aww now I am getting senti :(... pardon me...

Lets move on.. So today I am sharing my all time favorite and loved sweet MALPUA recipe... 




Malpua is an Indian sweet dish that is basically a sugar syrup soaked pancake prepared from a batter of flour, khoya , milk and cardamom. Malpua are usually fried in ghee till crisp along the edges, soaked in sugar syrup, garnished with pistachios and served warm with a topping of Rabri or simpply just with sugar syrup garnished with almonds or cashews :) :) ... So yes this is a full calorie gain sweet..but festivals par chalta h... so don't think much and prepare it :)

Ingredients

1 cup maida or all purpose flour
1/2 cup grated mawa or khoya
1 cup warm milk
1 + 1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar for making sugar syrup and additional 2 teaspoon more to add in batter
a pinch of baking powder (optional)
1 tsp of cardamon powder
some chopped almonds , cashews
1 + 1/4 cup of ghee to fry
1 teaspoon fennel seeds(optional)

Procedure

In a bowl take grated mawa and mix 1/2 cup of warm milk to it.Mix it properly as all the lumps should go.Then slowly slowly add maida to it.Now add remaining milk to get a pouring batter consistency with 2 teaspoon sugar and a pinch of baking powder(optional).Mix it well.If you want add fennel seeds to batter(optional)... Now let the batter to rest for 15 mins.




On the other side on gas pour 1 + 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar and let it boil.We need sticky consistency.Once boil comes drop in a plate the sugar syrup and check with finger that it becomes sticky.If yes... Switch off the gas and add cardamon powder to it.

In a pan which has big base heat the ghee on medium flame.Once ghee is hot pour the batter as small pancakes... let it cook on one side till golden brown on medium flame.




Then flip the malpua with the help of two spatula with great care...These are very soft and delicate beautuies...so need to take care while flipping otherwise can break..Once done brownish in color from both the sides...Take out from Pan by pressing the extra ghee from them.. And drop in sugar syrup... Let it in sugar syrup for 10-12 mins till it soaks the sugar.. Then take out in a plate garnish with chopped almonds and cashews... And enjoy either hot or cold with rabri :) :)




Hope you like this yummy and simple recipe of MALPUA... Enjoy... Do share your views comments and suggestions here with me...Me waiting to hear from you all :) :)... Happy Sharavan Month to everyone... Will come soon with new recipe new post .. but as promised... easy and simple..till then gd bye :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment